Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Hall of Mirrors

Thanks, ya’ll for the encouragement not to give up on men all together. I’m sure I’ll be fine – strike that….I AM fine. Especially since everything came out many, many weeks after the fact.

I’m not going to go into detail about any of the communication that has passed between myself, WPB, or anyone else over the past 48 hours but let me just say – there are three strong, beautiful, AMAZING women in this story and he didn’t deserve any of them.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am usually the first one to forgive, not hold a grudge, and move on – so much so that it comes as a surprise to most people (small example: In college, my boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend and she preceded to date him behind my back FOR SIX MONTHS (while I was crying to her because I knew he had cheated on me and I didn’t know who with, blah blah blah) – …I am the maid of honor in her wedding next month, case and point). However, f*ck with my family or friends…and I will hate you till the day I die.

I think that the past 48 hours have been the proverbial ‘straw’ (of camel fame) – with all the sh*t I’ve been dealing with, this is the one thing I chose to lash out about and I suppose it didn’t help that I had someone to share my outrage, then again, maybe it did. Ultimately I’m glad it’s over and I hope it’s done.

But after two sleepless nights, emotional exhaustion, smoking enough Marlboro Lights to give a small dog lung cancer several times over, and more self reflection than the Hall of Mirrors at Versailles, all mounted on top of a crazy work schedule…I’m just trying to get through this week without giving myself an ulcer.

So tonight, it’s off to Yoga followed by a bubble bath, a glass of wine and an Ambien.


sig.jpg

No comments: