Friday, October 20, 2006

Family Values (Part deux)

Thanks for all the input everyone! Don't worry, i will be posting a much more interesting "men are idiots part 13" entry later today.

I just wanted to let you know that I followed ya'lls advice and sent the following email last night.

Baby Sis:

I’m having trouble getting a hold of you by phone so I thought I’d try email.

First of all, I got the invitation to your baby shower and I am so so so sorry I won’t be able to be there! I will, of course, be there in spirit.

Second, I talked to Princess the other day and she told me about the girls you have selected to be part of your bridal party on your wedding day. I would be lying if I said I weren’t disappointed and really hurt by your decision to include SIL (Sister in Law) and BF and not Princess and myself. I am also very confused as these girls, while they are fabulous and I love them, are technically unrelated to you and Princess and I are and…well, we have always felt close to you and we thought you felt the same way. Apparently we were wrong. We were raised to believe that family is one of the most important things in life – which is why I suppose I am so baffled by your decisions.

I know you’re under a lot of pressure as a new mom and planning a wedding is stressful. I’m sure it’s always hard to tell people that love you that you have not included them in your special day – I know Princess had a hard time telling her friends that you and I were the bridesmaids.

You know that I will love and support you no matter what but I feel very confused and hurt by this and thought you should know.

Much Love,
sig.jpg

Update: To which Baby Sis Replied:

Red:

Wow, I really don't even know what to resopnd with. I am extremely shocked that you would act like this. I wasn't aware that I had to explain to you that you wouldn't be in my wedding. I chose family, just becuase they aren't blood family doesn't mean they aren't family. I have 6 siblings I would have to include, not just you and Princess.

I am very disapionted by your email, and I really have nothing else to say.

Love,
Baby SiS


Do you think this is Harsh?? I didn't mean to piss her off!!

I responded:

Baby Sis:

I’m sorry you’re disappointed by my email – I don’t think it was unfairly harsh. I was just confused by your decision and a little hurt and now that you have explained it to me I understand it a little bit better I suppose. As far as you being “shocked that I would act like this” – I’m not sure what you mean. I’m not mad or angry, or even upset with you. I just needed some clarification and I wanted to be honest with how I was feeling. I don’t think there is anything wrong with doing that.

I didn’t mean to upset you, Sis. I stated numerous times in my email that I love you and support you, and realize that you’re under a lot of pressure and that these things happen, as they did to Princess, I was just confused. That’s all.

I hope you’re not mad at me, I just needed to tell you how I felt.

Love,
sig.jpg

OY!

No comments: