Saturday, September 2, 2006

HP tagged me! I had no choice!

In an effort to blog about a subject OTHER than boys, I have been tagged into a book blog survey…

1. Book that changed your life: Bitch: In Praise of Difficult Women by Elezebeth Wurtzel. This book is an astounding slap in the face to traditional thinking, media feedback, and definitely one to stock up on to hand out as gifts to your evolving friends. Her thinking, even manic and circuitous makes sense! Is there hope for us all?

2. Book you've read more than once: Northanger Abby by Jane Austen.

3. Book you'd take to a desert island: Depends, I suppose if I’m ever getting OFF the island. If I’m never getting off, I suppose some fabulously long book like War & Peace that I would never get around to reading otherwise.

4. Book that made you laugh: Kiss My Tiara: How to rule the world as a smart-mouth goddess. Some delightful gems in here that made me chuckle on the metro.

5. Book that made you cry: The Hours by Michael Cunningham – gives me goosebumps when I think about it. Themes rise to the surface, submerge, and reappear (purchasing flowers; a kiss shared between two women; a life-threatening illness; an interrupted attempt to run away from one's life; a suicide reconsidered)-just as in music. Let it wash over you rather than analyze it, and you will be well rewarded.

6. Book you wish you had written: Radical Sanity: Common Sense Advice for Uncommon Women, by Elizabeth Wurtzel. Radical Sanity offers hilarious, common sense advice in an unique and perfectly poised way. This book helped lift me out of a quarter-life mini-crisis. It is Sarcastic, Irreverent, Beautiful.

7. Book you wish had never been written: usually anything on oprah’s book club as they tend to have a reading level below 5th grade and fail to say anything of consequence.

8. Book you're currently reading: “Band of Brothers” by Stephen Ambrose. A non-fiction book about the 101st airborne in World War II.

9. Book you've been meaning to read: My Amazon.com wish includes: I Am Charlotte Simmons, Vanity Fair; Life Mask (by Emma Donohue); God’s Brothel: The Extortion of Sex for Salvation in Contemporary Mormon and Christian Fundamentalist Polygamy; Mistress of Modernism: The Life of Peggy Guggenheim.

10. Now tagging the following bloggers to make this same list with their answers on their blogs. Hmmm…I’m going to tag Sam and anyone else who feels like joining in! Thanks for the tag, HP! This was fun!

No comments: