Friday, December 8, 2006

Oh Christmas Tree....

It’s official. For the first time since I moved out east for college in 1998 I have my very own Christmas Tree. Ta-Da!!

NoNo – It’s not a real one (much to my father’s horror). For those that don’t know, and really many don’t…I grew up on a farm. A Christmas tree farm to be more precise. Sure we had the usual farm fare in some fields…corn, soybeans, wheat….but the majority of the 2k acreage was dominated by a sea of green trees. Quite pretty, actually.

And yes, I would love a real tree – however, let’s be realistic here, folks. I live 14 floors up in downtown DC sans car and sans boyfriend to do the heavy lifting. You do the math. So for now, this plastic, five foot replica of an evergreen will stand in my living room as a reminder of my childhood, a beacon of seasonal light a holder of candy canes and a consistent source of entertainment for my cat as she tries to knock down the ornaments.


While we’re getting into the proverbial Christmas spirit here at TSL, I have take the liberty of compiling a list of must have i-pod tunes (in Oxymoron: Hipster Dork style though I will not even aspire to give you the eclectic and fabulous musical lineup that he provides weekly) guaranteed to put a smile on your face, bring on cravings of hot cocoa and eggnog, induce uncontrollable urges to write letters to Santa and grow even the Grinchy-ist of Grinch hearts!


Scarlett's Holiday Music:
  1. Its Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas (Bing Crosby)

  2. The Nutcracker Suite (Brian Setzer Orchestra)

  3. Santa Baby (Madonna)

  4. All I want for Christmas (Mariah Carey)

  5. Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer

  6. Christmas Time (Alvin and the Chipmunks)

  7. Grown Up Christmas List (Amy Grant)

  8. My Only Wish (This Year) (Britney Spears)

  9. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (Frank Sinatra)

  10. The Christmas Song (Nat King Cole)

  11. Christmastime (The Smashing Pumpkins)

  12. We Three Kings (Patti Smith)

  13. Come Home for Christmas (Bon Jovi)

  14. Marry Christmas Baby (Bruce Springsteen)

  15. When My Heart Finds Christmas (Harry Connick Jr.)

In slightly related news, I hope I will see you all at the Happy Hour this evening at Science Club. I can’t promise how long I’ll be there, but it will definitely be long enough to buy KassyK a birthday drink, and say hello to some fabulous friends. I have incuded the info below. For more details please see I-66, our tireless social chair. I'll be the one with the Santa hat and mistletoe!

Have a lovely weekend!

Frankly,

No comments: